Once unlocked, a button labeled "AutoUpgrade" will be permanently available above the Upgrades menu. If toggled, the game will automatically purchase affordable non-dangerous upgrades except for equipment prestige upgrades.
Auto Upgrade is not instantaneous, but will purchase 2 upgrades roughly every second. It will purchase the left-top most available upgrade each time. If Liquimp is active, then it will purchase one of every available upgrade per half-second.
Auto Prestige Edit
Auto Prestige is a permanent upgrade unlocked after completing the Scientist IV challenge. Once unlocked and when Auto Upgrade is enabled, an "AutoPrestige" button will appear next to it. Toggling it will make Auto Upgrade purchase affordable equipment prestige upgrades as well. Auto Prestige has four settings:
- AutoPrestige Off - No purchases will be made.
- AutoPrestige All - All equipment will be purchased as resources allow, cheapest first.
- Weapons Only - Only weapons will be purchased as resources allow, cheapest first.
- Weapons First - Only weapons will be purchased unless the cost of the cheapest armor is 5% of the cheapest weapon.
Auto Golden UpgradeEdit
Auto Golden Upgrade is a permanent upgrade unlocked after purchasing 300 Golden upgrades in total across all runs. Once unlocked, an "AutoGolden" button will appear next to the "AutoPrestige" button. The button has four settings:
- AutoGolden Off - No purchases will be made.
- AutoGolden Helium - As soon as a Golden Upgrade is available, the Helium option is selected.
- AutoGolden Battle - As soon as a Golden Upgrade is available, the Battle option is selected.
- AutoGolden Void - As soon as a Golden Upgrade is available, the Void option is selected. Note that purchasing stops once the total is near to 60% bonus.
If starting a new run with extra Golden Upgrades available (due to a high enough achievement bonus), Auto Golden Upgrade will wait 30 seconds before purchasing an upgrade.
- Before patch 3.3 AutoUpgrade would be unlocked by beating Scientist IV.