Once unlocked, a button labeled "AutoUpgrade" will be permanently available above the Upgrades menu. If toggled, the game will automatically purchase affordable non-dangerous upgrades except for equipment prestige upgrades.
Auto Upgrade is not instantaneous, but will purchase one upgrade roughly every second. It will purchase the left-top most available upgrade each time.
Auto Prestige Edit
Auto Prestige is a permanent upgrade unlocked after completing the Scientist IV challenge. Once unlocked and when Auto Upgrade is enabled, an "AutoPrestige" button will appear next to it. Toggling it will make Auto Upgrade purchase affordable equipment prestige upgrades as well. Auto Prestige has four settings:
- AutoPrestige Off - No purchases will be made.
- AutoPrestige All - All equipment will be purchased as resources allow, cheapest first.
- Weapons Only - Only weapons will be purchased as resources allow, cheapest first.
- Weapons First - Only weapons will be purchased unless the cost of the cheapest armor is 5% of the cheapest weapon.
- Before patch 3.3 AutoUpgrade would be unlocked by beating Scientist IV.