|Reach zone 55 for the first time.|
|Reward|| Can select Gardens biome for maps|
Gardens loot increased by 25%
|Goal||Complete zone 55|
|Loot (excluding Helium) and gathering increased 10x and Trimp attack increased 5x|
|Every second, a stack of Decay accumulates. Decay reduces gathering speed, loot, and Trimp attack by 0.5% of the current amount (max 999 stacks)|
|These stacks are cleared after completing a zone|
"Tweak the portal to bring you to an alternate reality, where added chaos will help you learn to create a peaceful place. You will gain 10x loot, 10x gathering (excluding helium), and 5x Trimp attack, but a stack of Decay will accumulate every second. Each stack of Decay reduces loot, gathering, and Trimp attack by 0.5% of the current amount. These stacks reset each time a Blimp is killed and cap at 999. Completing Zone 55 with this challenge active will allow you to select the Gardens biome when creating maps, and all future Gardens maps created will gain +25% loot."
In this challenge, Trimps receive a buff called Sanity which gives them 5x attack, 10x faster gathering speed and 10x larger loot gains (excluding Helium).
Every second that passes, a stack of Decay is added. Each stack of Decay creates a separate multiplier, which reduces each of the aforementioned stats by 0.5% of the current total amount. Clearing a zone resets Decay stacks to 0. Note that despite the in-game description stating that the stacks are reset upon killing a Blimp, completing zones that don't have Blimps (1-4, 6-9, and 11-14) will also reset the Decay stacks.
A * (0.995 ^ [Decay stacks])where:
- A - 10 for loot and production, 5 for attack
As a result:
- Attack starts to fall under normal after 321 stacks.
- Loot and production starts to fall under normal after 459 stacks.
With 999 stacks:
- Attack goes down to 3.3437% of original stat.
- Loot and production go down to 6.6874% of original stat.
With enough time:
- Attack (and total damage) goes below normal runs (cumulative) after 994 seconds, assuming you hit once every second. However, massive amounts of overkill damage lost at low Decay stacks will mean that you will be dealing less damage earlier.
- Loot and production goes below normal runs (cumulative) after 2058 seconds.
Here's a table showing rounded final multipliers added by the Decay challenge with select numbers of stacks:
With Decay active, it is recommended to pause the game whenever the player has to leave.
|More about Trimps:|
|Exploration:||World • Maps • Unlocks • Imps • Story • Loot|
|Basic information:||Resources • Structures • Jobs • Upgrades • Equipment • Settings|
|Long-term gameplay:||Helium • Perks • Heirlooms • Formations • Mastery • Achievements|
|Gameplay changes:||Portal • Challenges • Void Maps • Challenge²|
|Anomalies:||Broken Planet • Corruption • Spire • Magma|