|More about Trimps:|
|Exploration:||World • Maps • Unique maps • Unlocks • Imps • Story • Loot|
|Basic information:||Trimp (species) • Resources • Structures • Jobs • Upgrades • Equipment • Settings • Combat|
|Long-term gameplay:||Helium • Perks • Heirlooms • Formations • Mastery • Achievements • Liquification • Fluffy|
|Gameplay changes:||Portal • Challenges • Void Maps • Challenge²|
|Anomalies:||Broken Planet • Corruption • Spire • Magma • Empowerments of Nature|
Any future updates that introduce new mechanics, perks, achievements or anything else alike may change how difficult the Spire is at certain helium levels. Its advisable to read the general Spire info section beforehand.
I'll cover progress points which require less than a day of total run time under the requirement of being at least somewhat active. While clearing the Spire is your main objective, it's unreasonable to expect to clear the Spire the first few times you arrive at Z200. Instead try to aim for specific rows and return at a later time with more Helium and Spire perks.
General Information and TipsEdit
Not everything in this section is mandatory but following it helps quite a bit.
- Don't artifically slow down your run by trying to obtain an unreasonable amount of warpstations during early zones as it more than likely won't even result in a single extra coordination but waste a lot of time. Only the last few Gigas really matter and as long as your 30th Giga is somewhere around 160 warps you should be fine.
- Good heirlooms are pretty much required. A staff with Miner Efficiency + Metal Drop Rate, Lumber/Wood is optional but helps with nurseries. Shield with Attack, Crit Damage. Health and/or Breedspeed (preferably the prior) will help a bunch but quickly becomes useless past the spire. Your call. Crit Chance is always nice to have.
- Each spire row grants a +2% looting buff, grab those which are easily accessible before farming for hours. The same applies for Gigastation and Mega Miner, they will speed up your farming and grant an additional coordination or two.
- Bone Upgrades: Quick Trimps if you want to. Its a ~41% health increase via Geneticists. Also get Golden Maps for obvious reasons.
- Run Garden maps preferably 26 or 28 size for 1 extra cell of loot via overkill. Use Extra Zones for extra prestiges and Large Metal Cache for metal to upgrade your equipment.
- Use your idle farming time to increase your breedtimer, 10 minutes minimum for +150 Geneticists compared to standard 30s. Results in +345% Health. Can even be stretched to several hours.
- Grab Golden Battle instead of Helium, most likely 5 for +45% attack and health.
- Level your equip efficiently. A table below will shows certain values. If you decide to go for XLI or higher equipment via BW VII keep in mind that you will gain 9.4x the attack/health value of the previous tier for 20x the cost so don't overdo it.
- Miners above everything. Feel free to fire ALL your Farmers but keep a few Lumberjacks for Nurseries and a bit of block. You should have at least enough block to not get hit in z200 maps including BW VI otherwise the increased breed timer won't work properly.
- Remember to use your MagnetoShriek for Droupitee. Its a ~50% attack decrease.
- Also attempt all Challenge² and get them as high as you can. The attack and health boosts means less helium is required to beat the Spire. It should now be possible to clear it with less than 500M total helium.
Going for your first clearEdit
As of 4.6, you can save a lot of time by running a zone 200 map with 1 - 5 Extra Zones for one level of prestiges, before running Bionic Wonderland 215 for the next level of prestiges. Also use Large Metal Cache for metal for your equipment.
I've utilized 2 slightly different strategies at the time. I'll advise using the 1st one and trying out the 2nd one on speedruns as it requires a bit of knowledge about equipment costs and stats you should have.
1st version Edit
Once all your XL equipment is decently levelled up and you got to at least cell 70 already, try to attempt Bionic Wonderland VII. Use 'Tier First' setting instead of 'Equip First' which will reward you with the Dagger prestige after 3 clears instead of 4. Go back to regular farming, buy the XLI version and level it to 2 or 3. Continue this process until you have acess to every XLI / XLII equipment. Once obtained level everything once again and work on increasing your breed timer drastically to 1 hour (3600 seconds) or even more if you feel like it.
XLI is usually more than enough. Going up in prestiges basically halves their cost efficiency. A level 4 XLI Gambeson has about the same as a level 1 XLII Gambeson (same for every equipment). The equipment in my image was final for cell 100. I've respec'd out of everything thats not necessary any longer to gain some extra coordinations.
My starting point: 20 coordinations left @1.69T Trimps (24 coord/52 carp) during farming time. After respec: 15 coordinations left @2.05T Trimps (25 coord/54 carp). Thats a ~200% increase to your attack, health and block.
2nd version Edit
This one utilizes your previously acquired knowledge of enemy strength. Most of the process is the same except that you farm A LOT of metal before even considering Bionic Wonderland VII, something along the lines of 30-50 Spd (e54). Once you got that, respec out of everything unnecessary except Artisanistry.
I've used this version for my 6th and 8th progress point.
Equipment Cost Efficiency Edit
Higher numbers are better. The next tier efficiency is equal to Lv1 * 0.5645 e.g for armor and Lv1 * 0.475 for weapons .
XL Dagger Lv1 = 1.71
XLI Dagger Lv1 = 1.71 * 0.475 = 0.81
Attack Equipment Edit
|Item Name||Lv1||Lv2||Lv3||Lv4||Lv5||Lv6||Lv7||Lv8||Lv9||Lv10||equal efficiency level|
Health Equipment Edit
|Item Name||Lv1||Lv2||Lv3||Lv4||Lv5||Lv6||Lv7||Lv8||Lv9||Lv10||equal efficiency level|
For a slightly better visualizable table:
Includes some Calcs that may or may not help you at some points. Feel free to copy them.
Daily Challenges and Challenge² Edit
While you usually don't want to run any challenges during your Spire attempts, there are certain modifiers in the Daily Challenges and Challenge² that could allow for an easier time.
You obviously want to avoid any of the direct Health/Attack modifers as well as %Health damage (Plague and Bogged), Breedspeed (Dysfunctional and Toxic), reduced housing (Large), Weakness, Empower, Pressure or Mutimps debuffs. Map Health/Attack can be hindering but isn't the worst possible.
Mods that can assist you, check the Daily for information about their exact values:
- Karma, a stackable loot buff (doesn't affect Chrono/Jestimp)
- Dedication, increased gathering speed (works with Chrono/Jestimp)
- Even Stronger, a damage increase on even Zones which applies to Spire
- maxDamage, as the name suggest an increase to your Trimps' max damage
- Rampage, stackable damage buff per enemy defeated
- Metallic Thumb, reduced equipment costs
Challenge² that can be helpful in preparing for your Spire run:
- Lead²: double resources gained from odd zones. Remenber to abandon the challenge when you want to attempt the Spire.
- Toxicity²: Increased loot from toxicity reduces farming time. Remenber to abandon the challenge when you want to attempt the Spire.
Tips for Additional SpiresEdit
Since the Spire is affected by Poison, it should not be too difficult to beat it, given enough health to withstand enemy hits, you should be able to take down enemy imps through poison. 100B helium with some Challenge² bonuses should see you through.
Since the Spire is affected by Ice, enemy damage will become negligible due to chilling. Thus the only barrier to clearing this Spire is your attack. However, very high damage can be detrimental, since it will not allow you to accumulate enough Chilled stacks, which will make the higher rows oneshot you without a large amount of Nurseries.
Wind + max Spire Corruption = good luck beating it!
Since V4.7 one could try it at around 200qa HE. Stats of Druopitee in my (Markus_WiHa) 1st run: ATK: 444e171, HP 1.99e159
Strategy: getting to z495 without using any nurseries. Try to create the highest map you can there to get some of the Z501-Z505 prestiges. Then continue with farming BW XXVII (means BW 515) to get all CIV prestiges. Afterwards get to Z500, still without nurseries. At Z500 buy all nurseries and farm for around 2 hours to get the max Magmamancermancery bonus and to level your equip. Use the breed timer of around 2hours to increase your HP. After farming, respecc for Spire Config and beat it. Sharp enemies in the last cells are still a risk, so Fluffy lvl 4 or better lvl9 is very helpful to get rid of this. All speed runs are possible within the first Spire IV clear at that HE stage.