|More about Trimps:|
|Exploration:||World • Maps • Unlocks • Imps • Story • Loot|
|Basic information:||Trimp (species) • Resources • Structures • Jobs • Upgrades • Equipment • Settings • Combat|
|Long-term gameplay:||Helium • Perks • Heirlooms • Formations • Mastery • Achievements • Liquification • Fluffy|
|Gameplay changes:||Portal • Challenges • Void Maps • Challenge²|
|Anomalies:||Broken Planet • Corruption • Spire • Magma • Empowerments of Nature|
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
Mastery is a new mechanic that is permanently unlocked once the player reaches zone 181 for the first time. It allows the player to spend Dark Essence, a new currency gained by using the Scryer formation, on various new upgrades.
A new Scryer formation will unlock once the player reaches zone 181 for the first time, which will then always unlock after the player breaks the planet.
This formation allows the player to find Dark Essence, a new currency used in purchasing Masteries.The formation provides a 3% chance to drop Dark Essence per each cell in the world. The formation must be enabled for the entire duration of the fight for it to be active.
Dark Essence can only be found zone 181 or higher. Below that, the Scryer formation can be used to double loot from enemies.
OverviewEditMasteries are a system similar to perks, but made up of things that typically wouldn't make for good perks. The base cost for the first one is 10 Dark Essence, and increases by 3x each time a Mastery is bought. After 25 Masteries have been bought, the scaling cost increases from 3x to 6x.
There are currently 40 Masteries in total. At the beginning, only the first row (5 Masteries) is unlocked. Buying Masteries will unlock further rows.
- To unlock the second row, 3 Masteries need to be purchased in total.
- To unlock the third row, 4 further Masteries need to be bought, 7 in total.
- To unlock the fourth row, 4 further Masteries need to be bought, 11 in total.
- To unlock the fifth row, 5 further Masteries need to be bought, 16 in total.
- To unlock the sixth row, 7 further Masteries need to be bought, 23 in total.
- To unlock the seventh row, 5 further Masteries need to be bought, 28 in total.
- To unlock the eighth and final row, 5 further Masteries need to be bought, 33 in total.
For those Masteries, the previous tier has to be bought first if the player wants to buy the next tier. For example, even if the player has unlocked the third row of Masteries by purchasing 7 other Masteries, Headstart II will not be purchasable if Headstart I was not purchased, and the button will glow red indicating this.
For the price of 20 Bones, all purchased Masteries can be reset and the spent Dark Essence retrieved by pressing the Respec button in top right.
List of Masteries Edit
Tier 1 Edit
- Bionic Magnet - Automatically unlock Bionic Wonderland map after you clear the level for it. Additionally, gives all Bionic Wonderland maps the Fast Attacks modifier.
- Portal Generator - Automatically unlock Portal after clearing level 20. Also grants the 45 He.
- Bounty Hunter - Automatically unlock Bounty after clearing level 15
- Home Detector - Automatically unlock Mansion, Hotel, Nursery, Resort, Gateway, Wormhole and Collector after clearing the zone they drop at.
- Turkimp Tamer I - Increase Turkimp Bonus time by 5 minutes and Max bonus time by 10 minutes.
Tier 2 Edit
- Void Power I - +15% Attack and Health while in void maps.
- Metallic Coat - Reduce the amount of enemy damage that can pierce block by 25%.
- Headstart I - Corruption starts 5 levels earlier (181 => 176). Does not affect Dark Essence drops.
- Foremany - +50000 Foremen.
- Turkimp Tamer II - Increase chance of finding Turkimp by 33%.
Tier 3 Edit
- Void Power II - +20% Attack and Health while in void maps.
- Map Reducer I - Loot penalty for running lower maps is reduced by 1 level.
- Headstart II - Corruption starts another 10 levels earlier (176 => 166). Does not affect Dark Essence drops.
- Double Build - Stacked items in the Building Queue will be constructed two at a time. Requires Foremany.
- King of Bones I - Double chance of Megaskeletimp spawning in place of Skeletimp (10% => 20%).
Tier 4 Edit
- Hyperspeed I - Reduce the time inbetween fights and attacks by 100ms. See Combat for how this is calculated.
- Blacksmithery I - each cleared Zone through 50% of your highest zone reached will drop all available equipment prestiges from maps.
- Headstart III - Corruption starts another 15 levels earlier (166 => 151). Does not affect Dark Essence drops.
- AutoStructure - Unlock the AutoStructure tool, allowing you to automatically purchase structures. Requires Double Build.
- Turkimp Tamer III - Increase Turkimp bonus by +25% (50% => 75%).
Tier 5 Edit
- Hyperspeed II - Reduce the time inbetween fights and attacks by an additional 100ms through 50% of your highest zone reached.
- Blacksmithery II - each cleared Zone through 75% of your highest zone reached will drop all available equipment prestiges from maps.
- Magma Flow - cause two extra Magma cells to appear on any zone that already has Magma.
- Quick Gen - increase the amount of speed that the Dimensional Generator gains per zone by 50%.
- King of Bones II - Reduces minimum spawn time between Skeletimps by 10 minutes (45m => 35m).
Tier 6 Edit
- Void Power III - Your Trimps gain an additional 30% attack and health inside Void Maps. Additionally, gives all Void maps the Fast Attacks modifier.
- Blacksmithery III - each cleared Zone through 90% of your highest zone reached will drop all available equipment prestiges from maps.
- Natural Diplomacy I - Increase your token trading ratio from 10:5 to 10:6.
- Liquification I - Increase your Liquification bonus by 5%, as if you had completed 1 extra Spire.
- Turkimp IV - Learn to grow your own Turkimp, increasing the bonus to +100%, and making the bonus available permanently.
Tier 7 Edit
- Magmamancermancy - Magmamancers will now increase Trimp Attack by the same amount that they increase Metal. In addition, start every post-magma zone with 5 minutes of credit already applied to your Magmamancers.
- Map Reducer II - Reduces the min and max number of cells by 5 when creating maps.
- Natural Diplomacy II - Increase your token trading ratio more, from 10:6 to 10:8.
- Patience - Anticipation can now reach 45 stacks.
- Still Rowing I - Increase the bonus for completing a full row in a Spire by 50%, from 2% extra loot to 3%.
Tier 8 Edit
- Void Specialization - Receive 1 free Void Map after using your Portal for each 100 zones cleared last run. Helium from Void Maps is also increased by 0.25% for each zone cleared last run.
- Strength in Health - Your Trimps gain 15% additive damage per Healthy cell in your current Zone.
- Natural Diplomacy III - Add 5 levels to the Upgrade and Stack Transfer of all 3 Empowerments of Nature, without increasing the costs and also raises the cap of transfer to 85.
- Liquification II - Increase your Liquification bonus by another 5%, as if you had completed 1 extra Spire.
- Still Rowing II - Your Trimps will now gain attack equal to 2x their looting bonus from each Spire row cleared.
Dark Essence lootEdit
Dark Essence has a 3% chance to drop every world cell beaten fully with the Scryer formation. When it drops, it gives a set amount which is the result of the following formula:
(1.1683885 ^ ([Current zone] - 180)) / 3
The final result is rounded down. If the resulting number is 0, the game will drop 1 Dark Essence.
Once all current Masteries have been purchased its no longer possible to gain additional Dark Essence.
Here's a table depicting the results:
|Zone||Dark Essence dropped|
Mastery Costs Edit
|Mastery number||Individual Cost||Cumulative Cost||Zone to reach|
- ↑ This is the zone where you can pay the Individual cost in a single run, with average drop. In practice players will make multiple runs and be able to afford Masteries earlier.
- ↑ Starting from this Mastery, the price scaling increases from 3x to 6x.
- In patch V4.5, 15 new masteries are added as three new tiers. Also, the price scaling for these masteries are increased from 3x to 6x.
- After patch V4.3, the Mastery Table was changed in several ways, listed here:
- The Home Detector 1 and 2 Masteries where combined in to a single T1 Mastery, which now also includes Nurseries.
- The Tier 2 Foremany Mastery and Tier 3 Double Build Mastery were moved two columns to the right.
- The Metallic Coat Mastery from was moved T4 to T2.
- AutoStructure was added as a Tier 4 mastery, requiring Double Build.
- After patch V4, the Dark Essence drop formula was changed to use 1.1683885 as the per zone increase, instead of 1.11613, rapidly increasing the number of drops. 6 new Masteries were added, and a couple of the old ones were rearranged. Foremany II was removed and merged into Foremany.
- After patch v3.71, Dark Essence drop rate was increased to 3% from 1%, but the result of the Dark Essence loot formula was slashed by 3x before rounding. This makes the most difference at the very start when Dark Essence drops give 1-2 each, as the reduction doesn't apply/is far less in this area.
- Mastery was introduced in patch v3.7.
- Portal Generator and Bounty Hunter grant the rewards from the Dimension of Anger and The Wall respectively. This means that neither maps retains their unique drop, and will show up red after obtaining the mastery.
- Home Detector does not pick up Housing upgrades, e.g. UberHut.